Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Creativity and New Media

New media definitely fosters and influences my creativity. My favorite social media app right now is Snapchat. Snapchat has a function called a "geo-tag", which basically is a unique graphic that you can include on your picture or video showing you where you are. I find all these geo-tags very interesting and am always checking for new geo-tags when I am in a new area. I've included some of my own "snap stories" to show some examples of geo-tags.



As you can see each geo-tag is unique and it's extremely fun to travel to new places to include in your snapchats. The creativity part comes in when Snapchat earlier this year allowed for anyone to create their own geo-tags. After a small payment you can send Snapchat a graphic and it will be able to be used in a certain location for a certain amount of time. My organization, Delta Sigma Pi, utilized this function to welcome the freshmen and welcome everyone else back from the summer break.



Without this function of Snapchat, I wouldn't have even thought to care about geo-tags, but it was extremely gratifying to see our custom geo-tag on the app.

1 comment:

  1. Snapchat is my personal favorite social media as well. I customized my own geo-tag for my birthday. Everyone in the area who attended were able to use the geo-tag and it was so cool.

    ReplyDelete